Tuesday, May 26, 2015

LA RIOTS



Period 4

LA Riots Interview
Person being interviewed: Brother
1. "Yes, at the time, your dad and your mom and I were living in Koreatown. Much of the violence that took place was where we live now."
2. " I was young but I remember the chaos and violence. Everyone was uneasy, especially those living in South Los Angeles. I remember staying in the house a lot more often., mom and dad wouldn't let me go out. We'd see on the news all the violence that had taken over people. There seemed to be  a lot of mob mentality. After it was over, everyone was still shaken up by it. It took awhile before people forgot about it."
3. " The media reported the trial before the riots heavily. The riots were mainly about all the damages being done. It was mainly focused on the racism between Blacks and Whites."
4. " Our parents had friends living in South Central, and most were afraid to leave their homes."
5. "Some acts of civil disobedience are necessary to make changes in the world we live in. The  Civil Rights Movement was  a significant part of American history."
6. "I did not know remember it involved Koreans too."
7. I had researched on my own about this before, but what I learned from my brother was that, sometimes violence  does occur, and it can last days or hours, and it can still cause the same damage.

8. Not only was it a white and black struggle, it was a multi- ethnic problem. Over 1 billion dollars of damage were done, and 53 lives were lost. Although I was not alive when it all happened, it is still a part of Los Angeles history that should be more known.  

No comments:

Post a Comment